Saturday 30 July 2016

Me, in a nutshell...

Soooo... hello? Should I introduce myself first or... 
As you can probably tell from my blog's title, I'm a law student, not in love, maybe a bit crazy, but aren't we all? Sleeping, procrastinating and eating are my hobbies, being spontaneous and slightly stressed out are my ways of living, welcome to my life! 

It's July, almost August now and also vacation time so I figured starting a blog would be a great idea due to my exploding amount of free time I suddenly have. It's not gonna last (the free time thing), but as long as it's there, I will try and write down my random thoughts regarding my experience about being a law student, mostly in a comical way coz that's how I roll! Speaking of that, let's just dive in and make this first blog post a mess....

me, in a nutshell...

Since I started law school I quickly realized hanging out with friends and studying/preparing for lectures don't go well together, especially if you get a call at 8 or 9 in the evening (and your friends are even bigger alcoholics that you are). "I have to study" actually becomes a valid excuse (eff yea!), not just a phrase you used to say to your parents when they asked you to do the laundry. Needless to say, I gave in to the temptation of having a drink or two (or three, or ten, who knows) and then woke up the next day, 15 mins before my lecture, still drunk and unable to live but still managed to survive. Moral of the story - you can do it! (Encouraging words right here *winks*)

 Now is probably the right time I mention I usually prefer to stay in and chill (preferably with my cat), read a book or watch a movie and have a glass of wine than go out with a large group of people - that's why I love having an excuse about being a law student, so convenient! *high five to fellow introverts btw*

Introducing you my Qat real quick, ain't she pretty!!

Great, so from what you've read till now, you probably think I'm a lonely cat lady whose life is a mess and is an alcoholic. Well, you're probably right, but I'm also fun sometimes. 

The other day I (finally) watched The Paper Chase - highly recommend to every (future) law student. Very relatable! I don't know why it took me so long to watch it, but on the other hand, if I did watch it before I went to law school, I'd probably be even more terrified. Oh, the fear of being called on, never gets old. Talking about that, I do, in fact, have a great tip for beating stress and anxiety before you get called on (there's no escaping it), but I'll save it for some other time. As you can see, I love to remind myself about my terrible and/or embarrassing speeches at tutorials and seminars even during holiday... that's called devotion, my friend.

Conclusion: it feels good to write, sure hope I didn't scare you away (I'm really not that bad though).




No comments :

Post a Comment